Sure to become another classic, this Beergarita recipe is a fun way to have a beer, and to toast – or “Parrot” – a classic mixed drink. In Spanish it might be called a Cerveza Preparada – prepared beer. We’ll just call it a “Beergarita”.
BTW, the Mexican lager is based on the recipes that Austrian and German brewers produced after arriving in Mexico in the 19th century with other European immigrants.
What you need:
- (2) 12 oz. beers. (Use a light lager, or for authenticity, a Mexican lager)
- 8 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. orange juice
- (1) 12 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate
- 8 Lime slices
- 1/2 Cup salt
- One or two pints ice cubes
What you do:
- Pour ice in a pitcher.
- Add tequila, orange juice and frozen limeaid.
- Stir well and thoroughly.
- Pour beer over ice – very slowly. It will foam up so a slow pour is essential.
- Pour salt on a small plate.|
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glasses.
- Dip glasses upside down into the salt plate to coat the rim.
- Fill glasses with Beergarita.
- Garnish with a lime slice.
Enjoy your Beergarita Recipe plus – there are many entertaining and informative articles that you can receive free with your subscription of Black Bucket Brew e-Zine. Subscribe Now for your free emailed copy!