Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake Recipe
What you need for Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake
Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup chocolate cookies, crushed (Oreo’s or your fave)
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch processed is best)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (room temperature)
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (Philly brand or your fave)
4 eggs (organic or your fave)
1 & 1/4 cup granulated sugar
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (Reserve 1 ounce for decoration)
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
6 oz Guinness stout beer
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake tools
One 9” spring-form pan
Large and small mixing bowls
Sweet Sixteen Directions for Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
- Butter one 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Next combine and mix crushed cookies, butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cocoa in a small bowl. Then press evenly into the bottom of the buttered spring-form pan.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. While beating, slowly add 1 1/4 cup sugar until well blended. Then add the eggs, one at a time.
- Continue beating on medium or high speed until smooth.
- Combine 7 oz chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Carefully heat in a microwave for 15/20 second intervals until completely melted. Stir after every 15/20 seconds. Add the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and beat with mixer.
- Add sour cream, salt, beer, and vanilla, blending until very smooth.
- Pour mixture over the crust.
- Place pan in a large, deep baking dish. Fill dish with enough water to cover the bottom half of the spring-form pan.
- Bake cheesecake in the water bath in a preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Turn oven off oven & leave cheesecake in the oven with door ajar slightly for at least two hours to cool and set.
- Gently remove from oven & run a hot knife along edge of cheesecake to loosen from pan.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 or 5 hours.
- Melt semisweet chocolate slowly in a small bowl in the microwave.
- Create decorations on top of cake or drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Enjoy Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake!
Hope that you enjoy making and eating this delicious Chocolate Guinness Cheesecake!